Last Revised: 1/10/2021
Knowledge Campus, Inc., the owner and operator of SnagYourName.com, (“We”, “Us”, “Our”) care about your privacy. For this reason, we collect and use personal information only as needed to deliver our products and services, applications and to communicate with you about the same, or as you have requested (our “Services”). Your personal information includes information such as:
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Billing and payment information
- Government issued identification
- Other data collected that could directly or indirectly identify you.
If at any time you have questions about our practices or any of your rights described below, you may reach out to our dedicated team at email@example.com. This inbox is actively monitored and managed so that we can deliver an experience that you can confidently trust.
What information we collect, how we collect it, and why
Much of what you likely consider personal information is collected directly from you when you create an account or subscribe to any of our Services (examples: phone number, email, and billing information, including name and address);
However, we also collect additional information when delivering our Services. These methods of collection may not be as obvious to you, so we thought we’d highlight and explain a bit more about what these might be (as they vary from time to time):
Supplemented Data may be received about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data, in which case we may combine this data with information we already have about you so that we can update, expand and analyze the accuracy of our records, assess the qualifications of a candidate for employment, identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you. If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
How we utilize information.
We strongly believe in both minimizing the data we collect and limiting its use and purpose to only that (1) for which we have been given permission, (2) as necessary to deliver the Services you purchase or interact with, or (3) as we might be required or permitted for legal compliance or other lawful purposes:
Delivering, improving, updating and enhancing our Services. We collect various information relating to your purchase, use and/or interactions with our Services. We utilize this information to:
- Improve and optimize the operation and performance of our Services (again, including our websites and mobile applications)
- Diagnose problems with and identify any security and compliance risks, errors, or needed enhancements to the Services
- Detect and prevent fraud and abuse of our Services and systems
- Collecting aggregate statistics about use of the Services
- Understand and analyze how you use our Services and what products and services are most relevant to you.
Much of the data collected is aggregated or statistical data about how individuals use our Services, and is not linked to any personal information.
Sharing with trusted third parties. We may share your personal information with third parties with which we have partnered to allow you to integrate their services into our own Services, and with trusted third party service providers as necessary for them to perform services on our behalf, such as:
- Processing credit card payments
- Serving advertisements
- Conducting contests or surveys
- Performing analysis of our Services and customers demographics
- Communicating with you, such as by way email or survey delivery
- Customer relationship management
- Security, risk management and compliance
- Recruiting support and related services.
These third parties (and any subcontractors they may be permitted to use) have agreed not to share, use or retain your personal information for any purpose other than as necessary for the provision of Services.
We will also disclose your information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets (whether a result of liquidation, bankruptcy or otherwise), in which case we will disclose your data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- if we sell, buy, merge, are acquired by, or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions, your information may be among the transferred assets.
Communicating with you. We may contact you directly or through a third party service provider regarding products or services you have signed up or purchased from us, such as necessary to deliver transactional or service related communications. We may also contact you with offers for additional services we think you’ll find valuable if you give us consent, or where allowed based upon legitimate interests. You don’t need to provide consent as a condition to purchase our goods or services. These contacts may include:
- Text (SMS) messages
- Telephone calls
- Messenger applications (e.g. WhatsApp, etc.)
- Automated phone calls or text messages.
You may also update your subscription preferences with respect to receiving communications from us and/or our partners by email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compliance with legal, regulatory and law enforcement requests. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (such as subpoena requests), to protect our property and rights or the property and rights of a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we consider to be illegal or unethical.
To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will take reasonable steps to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal information to third parties as part of legal process.
How we secure, store and retain your data.
We follow generally accepted standards to store and protect the personal information we collect, both during transmission and once received and stored, including utilization of encryption where appropriate.
We retain personal information only for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested and thereafter for a variety of legitimate legal or business purposes. These might include retention periods:
- mandated by law, contract or similar obligations applicable to our business operations;
- for preserving, resolving, defending or enforcing our legal/contractual rights; or
- needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records.
How you can access, update or delete your data.
If may request that we delete your personal information and data that is necessary for the products or services you have purchased, but the request will be honored only to the extent it is no longer necessary for any Services purchased or required for our legitimate business purposes or legal or contractual record keeping requirements.
How Do We Share This Information?
We will not share the Personal Information we collect about you with any third party for their own marketing purposes without your consent. Except as set forth below, we do not share information that individually identifies our users with companies, organizations or individuals outside of the company and its affiliated entities. We will share your information in the following ways:
· Our vendors, subcontractors and business partners (“service providers”): We may share your data with our services providers who process your Personal Information to provide their services to us or on our behalf, which services may constitute a part of our Services. We have contracts and/or arrangements with our service providers that prohibit and/or limit them from sharing the information about you that they collect or that we provide to them with anyone else or using it for other purposes.
· Fraud prevention: We may disclose the Personal Information we collect about our users, including you, when we believe disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or respond to suspected illegal or fraudulent activity or to protect the safety, rights, or property of us, our users, or others.
· Law enforcement purposes and public safety: If requested or required by government authorities, such as law enforcement authorities, courts, or regulators, or otherwise to comply with the law, we may disclose any information we have about our users. We may disclose information collected about you in order to exercise or protect legal rights or defend against legal claims. We also may be required to disclose a user’s Personal Information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
· Sale or merger of our business: We may transfer your Personal Information to a third party if we are involved in a corporate restructuring (e.g., a sale, merger, or other transfer of assets).
Our Services are not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect information, including Personal Information, from children or other individuals who are not legally able to use our Services. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete it, unless we are legally obligated to retain such data. Contact us if you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected information from a child under the age of 13.
We comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). For more information about COPPA and children’s privacy, please click here.
Jurisdiction and International Data Transfers
We do not represent or warrant that our Services are appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Services do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. We may limit access to our Services, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area, have certain statutory rights in relation to their Personal Information. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to your Personal Information that we retain, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this Personal Information. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact email@example.com. While we may be able to provide you access to your Personal Information in some cases, there is no guarantee we will be able to provide access in all circumstances. In circumstances where we are unable to verify your identity or are required to retain such information in accordance with applicable laws, we may not be able to modify or remove your Personal Information. We will remove your Personal Information in accordance with applicable law.
To the extent that our processing of your Personal Information is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation, we rely on your consent. If we have collected and process your Personal Information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Protection Authority
Subject to applicable law, you also have the right to (i) restrict the our use of your Personal Information and (ii) lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area and believe we maintain your Personal Information within the scope of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may direct questions or complaints to us at email@example.com
California Data Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what Personal Information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge. To make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . For all requests, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state and zip code. In the body of your request, please provide enough information for us to determine if this applies to you. You need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone, mail or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly or that do not have complete information.
Additionally, California residents are afforded additional rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA), including the right:
· to access the data about you that we collect;
· to prevent our sale of any of the information we collect about you to third parties by opting-out;
· to require that we delete any personal data (as defined under the CCPA) that we have collected about you;
· to know the categories of third parties to which we have sold data about you; and
· to know our reasons for collecting data about you (as is described in our Terms).
You can submit a request to exercise your rights above by mailing, emailing or calling us using the following information:
Knowledge Campus, Inc. SnagYourName Privacy, 3267 Bee Cave Road, Ste. 107-186, Austin, TX 78746. Telephone Number: (512) 777-0032
When you assert your right to request information, you must confirm that you are a resident of the State of California. We reserve the right to request that you provide further evidence as a resident of California before acting on your request.
To opt-out of the company from selling any of the information it collects about you to third parties and to delete all such information, we offer an “Opt-Out” Option, which can be accessed by emailing us at email@example.com.